Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Quitter’s Diary: Day 3

I slept for just 5 hours but not grogy at all for same strange reason. People who know me will vouch when I say that I get cranky due to lack of sleep but I just woke up fresh. Amazing! But the first pang of craving hit me when I was in the loo and then it was all downhill. “Can’t smoke at home anyway!” I laughed to myself fitting myself in to a shirt, then trousers (I'm a strictly jeans guy) unwittingly. To top it off, I wore sports shoes on that combination. I ridiculed a lot at work. On the smoking and craving front, I was pretty normal in office say till about 3:30 – 4 in the afternoon. You can read that through this tweet.

Day 3 of the #quitsmoking movement. Much better than yesterday. The cravings are less frequent and last for a lesser amount of time.

After that, the urge just got crazy. My head hurt to the point where my body could walk up on its own to smoke a cigarette. One part of my brain wanted it desperately and would kill me, if it were possible, to get to the vendor and smoke one. Notice that there are no more voices. I felt like they had collectively formed my fuckin’ headache. Anyway, I’m not going to give in. That’s a given for now!

The cravings are back and with a bang! A thousand hammers in my head all saying one thing in unision: Smoke! Smoke! Smoke!

I did not smoke though. However, I did go out for a drink with Emily and the cravings for a smoke there were practically non existant. Need to stop drinking next. That's for another day. For now, I'm eagerly awaiting Day 4.

2 comments:

Pais said...

hang in there pal u can do it... and why u quiting drinking??? next u will say u will become a priest... :P

Fat Old Son said...

Are you mad o what! Drinking shall never be quit...come hell or high water...and I shall never be a priest either.